Feeling like a Monday and wishing it was a Saturday night? Holidays are over and Sunday feels like hundred years away. And you just want to get through this week as smoothly and quickly as possible. So bear with me: I have the perfect recipe to help you through the week!This deliciously amazing simple dish is nice and light and full of complex flavours and is also naturally gluten-free, grain-free and vegan. What more can we ask? This suuuuuuper healthy and yet filling and hearty stew it’s undoubtfully the best kind of comfort-food to help you get into the routine of another busy week. And is also perfect for summer and winter and it’s equally delicious hot or cold.
Ingredients2 large onions
2 clove of garlic
6 green courgettes (or zucchinis)
2 large tomatoes or 1 large can of diced tomatoes
100 g of mushrooms (optional)
1 small can of sweetcorn (optional)
1 small can (240g) of chickpeas
1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil, for cooking
fresh coriander, to garnish
- Peel and thinly slice the onions, peel and chop the garlic cloves, clean and slice the courgettes and mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until softened for about 2 minutes, add in the garlic and zucchini and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, sweet corn and tomatoes with juice (or some vegetable stock) and stir.
- Add in spices and season to your liking.
- Stir again and cover to continue cooking on low heat for 5-8 minutes until the courgettes soften slightly. (without overcooking them to mush).
- Sprinkle with some fresh coriander leaves.